AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads keep running after cancelling account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I ran some test-ads using a voucher. After a few days of testing, I decided not to use adwords-advertising.

I deleted the campaign, and then cancelled my account (I recieved two confirmation e-mails about the cancellation - one of them telling me, it could be several days before any outstanding payments are resolved)

Now - two days layer - I am still receiving traffic from the ads.

This surprises me, as I assumed this would stop the minute I deleted the campaign. 

How long do the ads keep running? When I deleted the campaign I had only used about half the amount on the voucher, but I worry about the risk of the ads using up the rest of the voucher and starting to rack up expenses from my credit card.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ads keep running after cancelling account

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would not worry about it - probably bookmarked like you said or from a different source. .

Take Care.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

do you see traffic continuing to accrue in the adwords account?  Do you see impressions and clicks?

Have you confirmed that the campaign(s) are listed as 'deleted' in the adwords user interface?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I log into the cancelled account it clearly says "no active campaigns"

Yet my logs still show, that I am still receiving traffic through the links from the ads (these links are not used anywhere else).

I suppose it could be from people who bookmarked the link when the ads where still running.

Anyway, if I am right in my initial assumption, that a cancelled campaign on a cancelled account will no longer run, I will stop worrying about it :-)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would not worry about it - probably bookmarked like you said or from a different source. .

Take Care.