2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads for sales

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website is equalshop.com and of course I am new at this but the idea is that store is supposed to sell

affordable DSLR equipment. I know the equipment sells because I seen it sell on other sites. I've made the adwords all about the products but for the last two months now it has been a lot of hits but very few sales. I would love any feedback you may have to help me.

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads for sales

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Fidel,

Welcome to the Community!

There are a number of things to look at in this case. I'd like to ask if you're aware of various best practices recommended in AdWords. Themed campaigns, structured ad groups, compelling ads, appropriate keywords and negatives are a few basic things to look at. What's the CTR & average position you're able to achieve? Another reason for less or no conversions could also be the landing page. I've checked your website and could see a variety of products. Do you have those many campaigns or ad groups? I'd recommend reading this post for account basics and this one for landing page related suggestions.

Hope that helps!

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Fidel,

AdWords in an advanced system and it offers a lot when it comes to its potential in terms of business's online growth. But at the same time it has a steep learning curve. If you feel you are not able to make the best of this robust system on your own, it's always better to hire a certified expert/partner to help you. 

Having said that, if you are on it by yourself, read the articles referenced in the post above and feel free to ask any specific question about AdWords that you need help with. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Fidel, you've already had some great responses on the subject of AdWords, but I'd like to focus on your website.

It looks very clean, but I think it's falling down in usability.  The three products you have below the enormous banner aren't clickable.  I'm personally interested in this sort of stuff but there's no easy way to find out more.  Right down the bottom of the page, way below the fold, is a link to three product areas but they're too far removed from the main content.

This page:  http://equalshop.com/store  would make a far better home page.  The top banner is much better smaller, there's a clear menu showing your categories and the first few are shown with pictures above the fold.

To go back to AdWords, make sure you're using really tight Ad Groups, one for each specific product type, and make sure the Ads lead to landing pages showing that product type, not the home page or even the store page.  So, for example, have a Group purely for dollies, and send the Ads here:

http://equalshop.com/store#!/Dollies/c/10209176/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
GREAT IDEA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you know nay companies or recommend anyone for this task ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To be honest I came in thinking it was more simple to manage and I have to read and research more to update both keywords and campaigns and got great idea here.