2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads for address searches in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to place ads in front of users who search Google Maps for specific street addresses. e.g., when a user searches maps for "123 fake street, Springfield, MA," I'd like to display an ad to them. 

I know I can advertise my physical business via maps and display when users search for related terms, but I'm interested in more of an AdWords-style, targeting address searches irrespective of my business' location. 

Is this possible w/ current tooling?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Local search ads is the solution

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3246303?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Ads for address searches in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @MosheTLV. Can these ads be used in ways besides what's listed in the help you linked?

From the link:

"When people search for nearby businesses on Google.com or Google Maps (for example, “coffee near me”), they may see local search ads that feature your business locations. "

The problems with that are:

1. I'm not looking to advertise my business (which is software) location, but instead to place links to my website in the ads. 

2. My goal is to display for users who are searching for any of a list of specific street addresses. So, in adwords, where you might target the term 'air jordans' in an adwords campaign, I'd like to target Maps searches of specific addresses, like '123 Mockingbird Lane, Boston, MA'

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

generally, google-owned map-search properties wants a clearly relevant ad,
correlated between a user's location-based search, and an actual, physical,
business-location, where a product or service is currently being offered --
or may otherwise be flagged with misrepresentation, misleading content,
unclear relevance, or potentially untrustworthy behavior.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Brandon P;

The ad includes a link to your website.  Only one ad format is currently available. "Link only" ad is not available.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’