4.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads for Mobile Phone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company's website is finally going up soon. I will officially start using adwords by the end of this week or next week.  

I have been testing keywords and I notice only a few company website adwords show up.  Mostly, big company like ebay and amazon. Do this implies that the bid for those keyword be very pricey ?

My company is in the mobile phone business.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads for Mobile Phone

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Janice,

It's possible that certain keywords will result in well known competitors in the top positions. It's just as likely that you can create a good campaign that can result in good position with a minimum daily budget. Since this is your first time creating an Adwords account, I would recommend learning the basic of creating an Adwords account. Here's some great links on how to get started with Google Adwords. There's also some helpful Youtube Adwords videos here. If you have any other Adwords related questions, feel free to post them on the forums. Lastly, here's a great Google Hangout link to ourNew to Google AdWords Hangout series: Master the basics.

Welcome to the Adwords Community!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi John,

Extending Janice's question further, is it possible that since Google considers landing page quality for showing up in ads, it prefers huge brands like amazon and ebay compared to small businesses. I ask this coz as these are huge brands they may bid much higher than others.

Let me know.

KC

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Kshitija,

Thanks for your question. Landing page quality certainly plays a role with with your Ads Quality Score. However you can make your landing pages as relevant as possible to increase your QS as the bigger, well-known business. You can also try using the Keyword Planner [can be found in Tools and Analysis in your Adwords account ]to find keywords that have lower competition among all advertiser which in conjunction with suggested bid can keep your budget low while still maximizing your ROI. Hope this information helps!