4.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads export and reupload

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi we have currently 6000 ads but i dont know exact procedure to mass update final urls

Right now I download Ads from Google Adwords account but when i made changes in final url and reupload spread sheet it says duplicate ads

What is the proper procedure to update mass final urls

i need guidance thanks

Re: Ads export and reupload

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aamir,

Without looking at your upload file, the fact that you're seeing a "duplicate ads" message suggests to me that you're not uploading new ads.

If you're attempting to do an AdWords Bulk Upload, make sure that put a new URL in the Final URL field and then make sure to put "Add" in the Action column.  When you update an Ads Final URL you're essentially creating a brand new Ad.  If you don't want any traffic going to the old Final URL make sure to pause/delete your old Ads.

When you download your Ads from AdWords, make sure to also select Action box in the Advance Editing section.

Also, have you tried AdWords Editor?  If not, I suggest you try as it can help with massive bulk uploads and changes.  For example, if you're just updating the Final URL to the same URL for all Ads, you can easily do this by selecting all your Ads in AdWords Editor and then updating the Final URL, and then posting the changes.

And finally, if you're just attempting to update the Final URLs of the Ads, you may be able to achieve this via Bulk Edits directly in your AdWords Account and not even have to download a spreadsheet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for reply
Actually these URLs are different means Ads are 6000

let say

1000 point main page
200 point to one internal page
200 point to another internal page
So on so forth

If i manually update in adwords editor it make my work so long

So i just download excel sheet and with the help of V lookup i populate final urls

But when i am going to upload with AD ID enable
it says
"Cannot modify or remove an entity that does not exist."
and when I simply remove this Column (AD ID) it will create additional ads which will become mess for me
like 6000 Plus 6000 new so again it take time pause old as our company runs 24/7

Suggest me proper way .. In case video It will be perfect

thanks awaiting for reply

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Moreover

Please elaborate what is this ? "make sure to put "Add" in the Action column"

I dont see any column (Action ?) in my Download CSV from adwords

I just download spread sheet and make final url columns with updated final urls

and try to re upload but cause issue
1 -Some times -> Cannot modify or remove an entity that does not exist.
2 -Some times -> You cannot modify the value in column Final URL.

Please explain thank you

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aamir,

Anytime you update any part of an Ad, you are in effect deleting your original Ad and creating a brand new Ad.  So for the sake of the answer, you're going to be adding 6,000 Ads and either pausing or deleting your original Ads (depends on how you execute).

When you download from AdWords, make sure you're opening up the + icon next to Advanced Editing (in the AdWords UI), selecting the check box next to "Action."  This is the Action column where you'll write "Add" to add your new Ads.  Also, when you download from AdWords also select the checkbox next to "ID."  When you're adding new Ads, make sure to delete all the IDs in the Ad ID column, but you can keep all the other IDs.

The errors you're getting right now is because the AdWords system isn't recognizing your Ads as new Ads that you're adding, because the Action column is blank.  Try adding Add there, and see what happens.

Remember, you'll have to either pause or delete your existing Ads.

Edit Landing Page URLs

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aamir,

One way to do what you're trying to do a Bulk Edit.  Doing a Bulk Edit will allow you to do a find a replace.  So you can tell AdWords for all the Ads that point to the main page, change those to a different URL.  Same thing for all your other URLs.

But if you'd rather in a bulk spreadsheet, you're going to need to add the Action column, to tell AdWords to Add the new URLs, and then pause or delete your current Ads.  In AdWords  you cannot just edit an Ad and have that Ad's history stay with it.  Any time you edit any part of an Ad, you're essentially deleting your original Ad and adding a new one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I did the same and add action "Add" column now it add new ads through bulk upload option So You are saying that once i update 6000 ads with new urls then simply add those with bulk edit so in total i got 12000 ads and then one by one through each ad group i pause old ads up to 6000 ? so new ads will remain active ? Am i missing something ? because as i said we are company that operate 24/7 & manually update take lot of time so is it possible to update existing ads at once with 1 bulk upload other then ad word editor ? Please explain

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi. You should be able to deactivate your active Ads via a Bulk Upload. To do this:

1. download all active Ads. Make sure to include the IDs and Action Columns.

2. Add "Remove" in the Action Column for the existing Ads that you no longer want to use.

3. Upload via Bulk Uploads.

Note: this will delete all your existing Ads. If you'd prefer, you could pause them by adding "Edit" in the Action Column and by updating the Ad Status Column to Paused.