AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads disapproved when I changed domain names

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the process of changing the destination url for all my ads in a campaign, many of them are now "disapproved" because you can only have one domain per ad group.

I've changed every one of them to point to the same domain and page.

How do I get them reapproved?

4 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Ads disapproved when I changed domain names

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi JohnZehr,

Please review the Destination/Display URL Policies and please also make sure that your Destination URLs are matching the Display URLs for all of your ads. 

I've found that making changes like these are sometimes better to execute offline in the AdWords Editor program vs. doing them live.

Once you have identified and remedied any further issues, you can resubmit your ads for approval.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

PPCBossman's suggestion is a good one.  One minor addition:

> Once you have identified and remedied any further issues, you can resubmit your ads for approval.

If you have more than a few ads I'd suggest contacting AdWords support and asking for a re-review rather than re-submitting all of your ads to save yourself some work.  Re-submitting the ads currently requires you to edit each ad individually (or learn the AdWords editor).  The support folks should now be able to re-submit them with a single button click.

One of these days we want to expose that re-submit feature in the external UI too, but it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Laura

AdWords review engineer.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello JohnZehr;

Only one URL is allowed per ad group

When you fix the error, (and click "save") the ad is automatically re-submitted for approval.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi JohnZehr,

Please review the Destination/Display URL Policies and please also make sure that your Destination URLs are matching the Display URLs for all of your ads. 

I've found that making changes like these are sometimes better to execute offline in the AdWords Editor program vs. doing them live.

Once you have identified and remedied any further issues, you can resubmit your ads for approval.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi John,

>> because you can only have one domain per ad group <<

You seem to know the reason on your own. When you need to change the domain names collect the new items in a newly created ad group. That way the domain collision within the same ad group will be avoided.

Alternatively you may want to delete the old items in the ad group. Attention: paused items do continue to collide.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

PPCBossman's suggestion is a good one.  One minor addition:

> Once you have identified and remedied any further issues, you can resubmit your ads for approval.

If you have more than a few ads I'd suggest contacting AdWords support and asking for a re-review rather than re-submitting all of your ads to save yourself some work.  Re-submitting the ads currently requires you to edit each ad individually (or learn the AdWords editor).  The support folks should now be able to re-submit them with a single button click.

One of these days we want to expose that re-submit feature in the external UI too, but it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Laura

AdWords review engineer.