AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads are not showing due to "similar Display URL with a competing, higher ranking ad" error?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am running Ads for my blogspot blog and from today it is not showing the ads on page 1 or 2. And when i checked my all keywords in preview and diagnosis section it shows the message that 

"Your ad shares a similar Display URL with a competing, higher ranking ad"   and  "Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one"

Please let know me what should i do so that my ads will be live again. As i am not getting clicks impression despite having good daily budget.

Should i use the "target outranking share" bid strategy to outrank my competitors

Please help

Thanks

Gagan

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Ads are not showing due to "similar Display URL with a competing, higher ranking ad" e

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Gagan,

If keywords listed by multiple blogspot blog owners match the same search query only one of them with the highest ad rank will be eligible to display on the SERP. Chances you you are competing with thousands of blogs for a single ad spot.

With target outranking share, you can choose a domain you want to outrank in search results and how often you want to outrank it, and AdWords automatically sets your bids to help meet that target. I would not like to say you should choose it, however, it might be an option if you are comfortable with it in terms of finance.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Re: Ads are not showing due to "similar Display URL with a competing, higher ranking ad" e

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gagan,

Can you mention your blogspot URL.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Gagan,

If keywords listed by multiple blogspot blog owners match the same search query only one of them with the highest ad rank will be eligible to display on the SERP. Chances you you are competing with thousands of blogs for a single ad spot.

With target outranking share, you can choose a domain you want to outrank in search results and how often you want to outrank it, and AdWords automatically sets your bids to help meet that target. I would not like to say you should choose it, however, it might be an option if you are comfortable with it in terms of finance.

Best,
Lakatos

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
I would purchase a domain and then have your domain setup on blogspot on the url. This way you have a unique name and not the generic blogspot url.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
A good point made by Troy .... Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Your ads should also perform better if the display URL sounds more professional than blogspot.com