AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads approved but no impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone.

I created a new campaign for a client (on their existing adwords account which has many other campaigns all running normally). The new campaign was created 48 hours ago. I've selected relevant Ad Groups, created several ads for each group all of which are 'eligible' in status. Some are displaying a green 'yes' when I check if the ad is being displayed now.

However there's no impressions to be seen for any keyword on any adgroup. I have set the default setting to 'maximise clicks'. I've noticed the maximum CPC has been incrementally increasing, it's currently at £14.09.

Is this normal? i.e. will the max CPC continue to increase until it reaches a level where the ad appears on the search results? I'm also a little confused as to why '£14.09' is the max CPC for every single keyword. I know that some keywords in my list are definitely more competitive than others. Is the limitation to 'max CPC' that it applies the same bid to every keyword in your campaign as a default?

Any insight that can be offered here is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott T
August 2016

Re: Ads approved but no impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply stickleback.

Geo targeting is quite tight, it's limited to a couple of London postcode districts, but estimated reach is still about 1.6 million so I would still have expected to see some impressions at least.

There are other campaigns running at the moment which are operating fine so I don't believe it's a billing issue. I'll double check this though.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Scott,

Click on keywords tab and hover mouse speech bubble and see status. why your ads are not running and change according to them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply santosh s

The keywords have their status as 'eligible' and everything else seems okay too: http://prnt.sc/c12oqu quality score isn't great at 6/10 but hoping to improve this.
I'm wondering now if it's because the keywords I've selected are all [exact match] so perhaps the search volumes are much lower than I anticipated across the board.

I'll try some with broader keywords in the same campaign to see if they receive impressions.

Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
How tight is your geo targeting?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
And I know this is probably a silly question - but are there any billing issues?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott T
August 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply stickleback.

Geo targeting is quite tight, it's limited to a couple of London postcode districts, but estimated reach is still about 1.6 million so I would still have expected to see some impressions at least.

There are other campaigns running at the moment which are operating fine so I don't believe it's a billing issue. I'll double check this though.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
For the sake of closing the thread and providing a 'solution'. I think I figured out the issue (little embarrassing).

The account I set up the campaign for is accessible by more than one person. I believe someone else on the account is currently playing around with the dates displayed. As such the default view is 'last month' so I was only receiving July data despite the campaign only launching 1st Aug. When I corrected the view my data appeared!

Thanks again for everyone who helped and for anyone struggling with a similar issue - double check what dates are being displayed on the top right!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hiding in plain sight.... pleased to hear thi9ngs are working as expected ;-)