Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads adjustments without losing the data

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I wanted to do some small adjustments on my ads (on Google Adwords Editor) but when I released them, all the data showed as 0. What is the best way to do this without losing data?

Kind regards,

Ana

3 Expert replyverified_user

Updating Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I wanted to do some small adjustments on my ads (on Google Adwords Editor) but when I released them, all the data showed as 0. What is the best way to do this without losing data?

Kind regards,

Ana

Updating Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ana O,

It is always recommended to make a copy and make changes to the copied ads/keywords so that historical data can be retained.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ana,

Editing an ad is the same as creating a new ad and removing the old version. Your edited ad doesn’t retain performance history from the original ad.

Instead of editing your ad, try creating new ads and test how well different versions of your ad perform.

Read more about editing your ad here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375287?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

Deepak

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

For small changes to ads, copy and edit the existing ad, then pause the existing ad.

It is the same as editing an ad, but the old one will be paused instead of deleted.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

All the data still exists, but you have to enable all items including deleted/removed items to see the edited ads, KW's, etc. data.

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks very much for your help!