Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Only on Specific Sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'd like to post ads only on specific sites.  I went to Settings, then Networks and devices, and selected Let me choose and then clicked on Specific reach.

Then, I went to Display Network went to Management Placements and searched to sites and added them.

Is this correct?  I noticed that I am being charged for other clicks that are mystiously showing up but I dont see them being listed under Placements, or in Keyworkds.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google Display Network (GDN)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello again SteveGiovinco;

Do you have keywords for your display network campaign;?

When you choose placements with keywords, your ad will be eligible to take part in an auction (for a slot) on relevant web pages selected (from the placement list) ), based on contextual targeting (between keywords selected, and relevant web pages). If no correlation found between the keywords and web pages - your ad will not take part in the auction (for a slot on those pages).

If your ad is eligible to take part in the auction, an ad rank is calculated. If the ad rank beats competitors, your ad wins a slot on the relevant  web page. (Actually, the bidding and the auction are a bit more complicated - this is the principle).

Read more in the help center on Quality Score calculated for ads that appear on the Display Network

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google Display Network (GDN)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello again SteveGiovinco;

Do you have keywords for your display network campaign;?

When you choose placements with keywords, your ad will be eligible to take part in an auction (for a slot) on relevant web pages selected (from the placement list) ), based on contextual targeting (between keywords selected, and relevant web pages). If no correlation found between the keywords and web pages - your ad will not take part in the auction (for a slot on those pages).

If your ad is eligible to take part in the auction, an ad rank is calculated. If the ad rank beats competitors, your ad wins a slot on the relevant  web page. (Actually, the bidding and the auction are a bit more complicated - this is the principle).

Read more in the help center on Quality Score calculated for ads that appear on the Display Network

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’