4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Not Showing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently started a new campaign on AdWords, and Google's saying that my ads aren't currently showing (even though I have good quality scores) because of my limited budget. My budget is $49/day which I thought was pretty substantial. I also haven't had a single impression yet. Any idea as to what's going on?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads Not Showing?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for posting. If it's only been a few hours since you enabled the campaign, then my first recommendation is to give the campaign a little more time

AdWords reporting is not in real-time. That means that there is usually a lag of a day or two in your data. So if the diagnosis tool says your budget has run out for the day, then it has--you just may not see a number of clicks, impressions, etc. yet. You can try changing your date range in the top right corner, though, to "Today" to see if any of that data is available yet.

In the future, the Ad Preview & Diagnosis Tool is going to be the best way for you to determine if your ad is running. Since the Google Search algorithm shows different ads to different people, searching your own keywords is not an accurate way to test your ads (and it can actually hurt your click-through rate!).

Let me know if you still do not see statistics in a day or two and I'm happy to help you troubleshoot!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jordan. I started this campaign 2 days ago, and I still haven't received any impressions or clicks which Google blames on my budget. Would you mind helping me out here? Everything's approved, but Google says my ads aren't showing because of my budget. I'm totally lost.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Is this your first campaign and is this a newly-created AdWords account? If so, your account could still be pending approval by Google for billing.

Make sure that your Settings are complete with location targeting and all of you ads are approved and if you are still having issues, fill out this troubleshooter (below). If you make it to the end and still can't find an issue it will create a form with your exact problem for Google to help you with.

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's not a new account--just a new campaign. I did go to that link to troubleshoot, but everything checks out. My quality scores are good, ads and keywords are approved, but Google's saying my ads aren't showing because of my budget, but there has not been a single click or impression yet.