AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads I don't want are appearing at the 15 second mark of my lastest video which is for a client.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad banners I don't want are appearing at the 15 second mark of my lastest video which is for a client.The help information tell me to go to video manager Click Edit or $ and Click "Monetize my video" - but there is no $ or "Monetize my video" tab. How do I get rid of the ads. I did have them before - I started to look at setting up a Monetize account - did I click the wrong box somewhere?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ads I don't want are appearing at the 15 second mark of my lastest video which is for a client.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi bigreddog and welcome to the forum.  This is really an Adsense or a YouTube question rather than Adwords, but I'll see if I can help.

Go to youtube.com and, if not already, log in to your account.  On the left-hand side you should see your name near the top, click this.  This should show your account.  In the top right should be a grey button labelled "Video Manager".  Click this.  You should now be looking at a list of all your uploaded videos.  On the right hand side of these there should be several small icons.  The last one of these on the right is a $ in a box.  If the box is green, that video is "monetised".  Click the green box and you'll be taken to a screen showing options for monetisation.  You should be able to switch it off from there.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ads I don't want are appearing at the 15 second mark of my lastest video which is for a client.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi bigreddog and welcome to the forum.  This is really an Adsense or a YouTube question rather than Adwords, but I'll see if I can help.

Go to youtube.com and, if not already, log in to your account.  On the left-hand side you should see your name near the top, click this.  This should show your account.  In the top right should be a grey button labelled "Video Manager".  Click this.  You should now be looking at a list of all your uploaded videos.  On the right hand side of these there should be several small icons.  The last one of these on the right is a $ in a box.  If the box is green, that video is "monetised".  Click the green box and you'll be taken to a screen showing options for monetisation.  You should be able to switch it off from there.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Cobnut - I don't see a $ in a box. Is that because I have not become a You Tube Partner? I have sent you a screen shot to your e-mail address of what I see. I really appreciate your help. Cliff

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Cliff, thanks for the email.  Yep, that's the screen I'm talking about, except for me on the right next to the "padlock" symbol (to the right of it) I see other symbols, one for "Published" and another - the $ sign - for monetised.  I don't recall being a "YouTube Partner" but then again I've been using these products so long I've forgotten most things Smiley Happy

I think it's best if you take this question over to the YouTube forum.  This link below actually takes you straight to the "Monetisation Forum" since there's a very scary message on the main forum saying that all Monetisation threads will be deleted if they're in the wrong place!

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/monetization-on-youtube

If you get an answer, please come back here and let us know, all new knowledge is good.

Jon