Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Approved But saying they are not running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I manage a large account and over the past week I have issues with using trademarked terms I have used previously and then other issues where the ads are showing as approved but it then states they are no eligible to run

Has anyone else had this issue or similar?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Sherry127 (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Ads Approved But saying they are not running

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi.

Can you please run the Ad Preview & Diagnostics tool?  It may give more complete diagnostic details.  Go to TOOLS & ANALYSIS > AD PREVIEW & DIAGNOSTICS.  Pay attention to your location settings so you are checking locations you are targeting and let us know what the tool reports.

It might be a trademarked issue but not being reported correctly in the User Interface.  You may need to get permission from the trademark holder but I would check things out more before you start that process.  Generally the trademark holders are happy to allow you use in the case of auto makers. However I have seen some that are very serious about their trademark (Audi for one).

This link: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106477 contains more info on trademark policies with adwords as well as a form that can be submitted to request permission to use a trademarked term with adwords.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Sherry127 (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi.

Can you please run the Ad Preview & Diagnostics tool?  It may give more complete diagnostic details.  Go to TOOLS & ANALYSIS > AD PREVIEW & DIAGNOSTICS.  Pay attention to your location settings so you are checking locations you are targeting and let us know what the tool reports.

It might be a trademarked issue but not being reported correctly in the User Interface.  You may need to get permission from the trademark holder but I would check things out more before you start that process.  Generally the trademark holders are happy to allow you use in the case of auto makers. However I have seen some that are very serious about their trademark (Audi for one).

This link: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106477 contains more info on trademark policies with adwords as well as a form that can be submitted to request permission to use a trademarked term with adwords.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All Top Contributors,

First of all, i'd like to say thanks for your spending time to help us as Top contributor with Google adwords.

i am new with adwords, when i set up my ads, google sent me email like "Disaproved my ads" due to adwords policy, since i changed my ads to suite Google adwords policy, but i received no more mail or any information to my ads, and i used Ad Preview & Diagnostics tool, then they are keep saying " My ads was not showed, contact them! but nothing happened then. It took me for 3 days but nothing.
Thanks very much for your support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar issue.

I got the ad approved.   But received the "no running ad" message.

Went to diagnostic tool, and all it said was that ads were not running.

Didn't received any email on the issue.

Tried to contact Support but it didn't have a box to tell them why I was contacting them.

Anyway sent them the support ticket without the message.

Received answer that they were reviewing my ad.

Looking around my many links in my account found a message that said that my account was suspended because they couldn't verify my billing information.

I joined through a promotional code, I thought I didn't need to continue with the biling process since it took me to the campaign creation section.

I created a campaign and since it was almost instantly approved, I assumed everything was correct.

But after three days, my ad had not being running.

I went to the billing section and added a debit mastercard there.

Since this has been a long holiday weekend due to Good Friday hopefully by next Monday (tomorrow) things will be fixed.

My website link:   http://yourownbot.yolasite.com  

If ads don't run I will have to ask again the reason.

Sincerely,

Luis

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I have the same problem.I have 88eur on credit ,my ads are approved but they are not showing to go in statistic or on google....(in small cloud where it say its approved it sais "not showing".Coud you please expalin this situation?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This three year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!