Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adowrd editor not responding when I import CSV in editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a CSV file that follows adwords standards. However, when I try to import the CSV, Adwords editor stops responding. I tried with unicode text but the same issue occurs. Is there something wrong with my file or Adwords Editor? Kindly provide suggestions. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adowrd editor not responding when I import CSV in editor

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

What is it you're trying to import?

Ryan.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Surekha R,

Are you using the most up to date version of AdWords Editor? The current version is 10.4.1. 

If you are, please review this article to make sure you are preparing your CSV file correctly. Let me know if this does not help you!

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ryan,
I am trying to upload a new campaign.
Kathleen,
I have the current version and yes, my CSV file follows the said format. However, I am still unable to load the campaign. My editor stops responding when I import.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Surekha R,

abit of a long shot but what type of CSV file are you attemping to upload ?? can you confirm it is
CSV ( Comma delmited) (*.csv)

Also how big is the file ?

how many rows does it have?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Surekha R,
I am going to ask our AdWords team to investigate this, as they will be able to view your account and determine what the issue is.

Please keep an eye for any emails from them.

Kathleen

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Surekha,

If you are facing difficulty in uploading a CSV file on to the editor, why don't you try copy pasting the whole campaign/ad group or ad copy structure from the file (in an excel format)?

Instead of choosing the 'Import CSV and then the from File' option chose the 'Import CSV and then the Paste Text' option & then copy paste the complete CSV data, post which you can import your data. In my experience, this is a much better option when it comes to uploading structures & ad copies.

Do give it a try and let me know if this helps.

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All,
I hvae about 1400 campaigns , so I found the copy paste tedious. The import CSV was an issue because I was using Kingsoft spreadsheets. The minute I got MS.Excel installed and tried CSV, it worked like a charm.

Thank you!!!