AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adjusting bids

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to adjust my bids. Can anyone tell me why the est. top page bids and the est. first position bids do not show. Some do some don't. Without knowing i don't know how high to bid. Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adjusting bids

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Tony,

The first page and top of page bid estimates only show if the keyword has enough data for the system to look at. If the keyword is low search volume, has not gotten impressions, or even if it has just gotten very few impressions, that estimate may not be available.

Let me know if this helps!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. Can you recommend any way to maximize clicks and lower my monthly cost, paying about $500 month. Budget is $20 a day $6 a click. If I lower to $15 and @ $3 a day. Thick this will hurt click ratio

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Tony,

I can't make anything more than basic suggestions without understanding your business and seeing your account, but I would encourage you to focus less on the amount you bid per click and focus more on your cost per conversion. You should set up conversion tracking if you haven't already, i.e. tracking sales or calls that come from your ads. Whichever is more important to your business. You can track calls by setting up call extensions and call tracking, and you can track sales through conversion tracking.

If you've already got your conversion tracking set up, then you'll want to make sure to only bid on the the terms that are driving conversions for you. You can make sure your budget is reserved for only the most relevant clicks by reviewing your search terms report to add negative keywords, and using keyword match types to weed out the irrelevant searches can also help you stay within your budget.

Keep in mind that with a budget of $20/day and an average cost per click of $6, you can only get around 3 clicks per day. So you do not need to have too many keywords. Focus in on just a handful of highly relevant keywords and monitor them closely.

You can also call our AdWords team here if you want more specific help or someone to walk through this with you in your account!

Good luck,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you I appreciate your comments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you tell me where i adjust my cost per conversions

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Tony,

You cannot adjust your cost per conversion. That is a metric that is calculated for you--it's your total cost divided by the number of conversions you have. In order to reduce your cost per conversion, you need to optimize your account: pause any keywords which you spend a lot of money on but which do not bring in conversions; make sure any campaigns with good costs per conversion are not limited by budget, and improving your ad text to get a better clickthrough rate and target the right people for your site. By optimizing your account, and increasing the number of conversions you receive while decreasing the cost, you will decrease your cost per conversion.

You can learn more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722068?hl=en

Cassie