AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adgroups best practices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI 

I am creating a campaigns for Beauty box . I have following keywords 

Beauty Box 

Best Beauty Box 

Beauty Box Subscription 

Best Beauty Box Subscription 

Should i make different ad groups for each keyword . Or I should combine 

Beauty Box & Best Beauty Box  in one adgroup  And  Beauty Box Subscription &Best Beauty Box Subscription in one adgroup 

What will be the best 

Thanks 

Re: Adgroups best practices

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amut,

It may very well be worth splitting the 2 into different ad groups. The reason for this is that there may be different intent when searching for 'subscription' and not, so it would be best for optimisation purposes to do so.

That being said, the best piece of advice I could give you regarding keyword grouping is to carefully consider and monitor behaviour dependant on keyword grouping. Your audience will tell you what works best and whether or not the intent behind the various search queries differ enough for separate ad groups.

In this case I would use separate ad groups from the start, and tailor ads in the first group to be more general and ads in the second group to be tailored more to audiences interested in a subscription.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Clynton

Thanks for you reply.
My question is for
Beauty Box
Best Beauty Box

Should i group them in one adgroup or different as they are similar except 'best '

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Simple answer: yes.

But again, it depends on the scope of your campaigns and the level of granularity that you wish to achieve.

Beauty Box - Seems like a traffic generation, generic term. Used to catch the terms you do not think of and add them at a later stage.

Best beauty Box - Has more of a comparative intent to it and users searching for this ma be looking more to compare products than to buy at this stage.

If you wish to send different message to these users then you need to have separate ad groups BUT the keywords are related enough that the same ad group is not wrong.

It all depends on how you want to structure your account, how much time you have for optimisations, how much control you want and so forth.

Hope this helps