3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adds disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having a challenge in get my adds approve what am I doing wrong?I am facing the same problem with every time i create a campagne it is disapproved can you explain ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adds disapproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi George,

next to the disapproved message there is a little speech bubble - can you hover over that and let us know what the message says...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello George, 

Before your Ads can get disapproved, Adwords will tell you the reason why your ads is been disapproved.

For you to know why, go through the email you open your adwords account with and you will see the reason why your ads is been disapproved. 

For you to overcome that, go through the Adwords Policy

This is the link to Adword policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en

Cheers 

David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They have SOOO many stupid idiotic rules... go to bing/yahoo.. its much cheaper and they don't make you jump through a million hoops... anyways this happened to me too... it ended up being the STUPIDEST thing... you can't capitalization inside a sentence... and you can't have "exaggerated punctuation" for example:
This would be disapproved:
Come To My Website... It Is Amazing!!!
This would be approved:
Come to my website, it is amazing.

Disapproved:
It's Fast, Easy, and Convenient. Come Today!

Approved:
It's fast, easy, and convenient come today.

I don't think you can even do !'s
I know you can't do ...
It would be easier if you pasted what your ad says here cause theres a bunch of other stupid little rules too.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Katie,

There are a lot of reasons there are rules... as much as anything they stop Google's results page looking like a cheap market with everyone running ads that scream

CHEAP!! CHEAP!! CHEAP!!!

And in part it is also to try and level the playing field... you don't want people to be able to make claims such as "The World's Best Widget" because that opens up a whole range of problems. How would you like it if your main competitor had an ad approved with a headline saying he was the World's Best... at what you do?

And you certainly can have capitalisation within a sentence, of your ad was disapproved for

It's Fast, Easy, and Convenient. Come Today!

and yet approved for

Come to my website, it is amazing.

I would suggest it probably has more to do with the additional "!" than the capitalisation.... you cannot have more than one exclamation in an ad.

If you look at the rules which surround the way ads are written and presented, most of them serve one or both of two purposes - they protect the user from exaggerated or false claims and then protect the advertiser from competitors looking to gain an unfair advantage.

Working to get your message across and a call to action all into the 25, 35, 35, 35 character limits of the system is a challenge - I agree, but everyone is bound by the same limitations. If a competitor gets above you in the search results it's because they are doing things better than you - within the rules which are the same for everyone.

And there are more. You can't use words such as "Click Here" - but, again, this all makes sense.

As for bing/Yahoo - they have rules too.... so do facebook and twitter - and they are all there to stop people gaming the system.