AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Address extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am studying to take the adwords certificate at the moment. In the study guide (and on other adwords material) it is recommended that one uses the address extension for adverts aimed at the local market.

But does that not stop people from clicking (a link, a button, into website) if they can see the info they needed? And this will then not be measurable which is one of the benefits of using Google Adwords. Or am I missing something?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Address extensions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

Are you referring to location extension here?

Well lets say you do adwords campaign for a local hotel or restaurant and you use location extension with adwords. This doesnt necessary means that users will not click on the ad just because he can see location (address) displayed as a part of the ad text. Usually we use ad text to promote something more than location. For a eg scenario we can write an ad text to promote hotel offer and this same ad text can have location extension. But user would still click on the ad to check what the offer about

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If the only thing a potential customer needs is your address, it means they already know what you sell. You don't need those people to click an ad. They've already decided to be you customer.

In the long run, location extensions increase clicks, because letting searchers know you're close to them encourages searchers who don't already know your businesses to click for more information about you.

Trust me, if location extensions were reducing overall clicks, Google would get rid of them. When Google tests new extensions, they only keep the ones that increase clicks.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Maj-Britt T,

I think, you would like to say that when user will find out the address directly by ads then why they will click on ads or visit the website. You are right but It's a extension means extra facility to engaging users, it's not mandatory to use.

As Nisal also said, Every one want to know about nearby location at the time of hotel ticket booking, lawyer consultation, doctors appointments etc. and User's first check the address before book their seats or appointment. So this extension(address) will help to user to decide about which is nearby according to their present location.

If any advertiser use this extension then they get the conversion soon as compare to those has not display the address.

Regards
Mohit

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Nothing much to say as you already have good suggestions.

It is like not every click is going to be into converted click. if out of 100 clicks 5 get converted then we consider it good(optimum/best conversion rate depends on niche, product or service cost)

Similarly, for click-able extensions, every user don't have the same thinking.
If anyone is copying the address and doing nothing with it then he/she just wasting time and paper and if noting down and converts offline then you have a customer anyway.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for reply Smiley Happy