Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adding products to an ad group in Google shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to add specific products under one ad group in a campaign that has several ad groups in Google Shopping.  The problem is that when I try to do this with using a filter for brands all of the ad groups are showing the same products, This does not seem correct to me because the ad groups are named for certain segments of my product lines.

For example: If I sold boat anchors and boats, I would not want the anchors to show up under the ad for boats but both of them are ad groups under the same campaign.  

Is there a way to add certain products under just one ad group but not the other ad group under the same campaign in Google Shopping

It is a simple thing to do most likely but I have spent hours trying to figure it out.  Does anyone know how?

Thanks,

Ed

Re: Adding products to an ad group in Google shopping

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Thurman
You might know that All Products Ad Group works like a container form which you can pick products to categorize and group them, all other products would remain in the container till you pick them and categorize. contains your entire data feed. If you make any change to your data feed, the changes are applied to this container adgroup too. Shopping works differently than other campaign types, to state the obvious and you will need to categorise products using Google's taxonomy. 

The best approach according to me would be to use custom labels to isolate products under different categories- which totally depends upon how you would like to label them. You may use custom labels for seasonal, best buys, product categoty (boats or anchors?) pricing or whatever manner you like. This feature helps you group products for proper tracking.

Check this link out for  more details https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455481?ctx=tltp

Thanks

Ajay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, i am trying to add products to my merchant center account to run an adwords shopping campaign. How do i get my products uploaded to my google merchant account?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I am assuming you have a product feed ready. If yes, the easiest option for you would be a direct upload you may upload it manually. The google support page lists the following steps for a direct upload:

1. Sign in to https://merchants.google.com and click the Data feeds link. (Make sure you've already registered your feed in your account.)
2. Locate your feed from the list of registered files. In the "Name" column, click the data feed name link associated with the file you'd like to submit.
3. On the page that loads, click the Manual upload button.
4. In the pop-up window, click the Select file button.
5. Navigate to the folder on your computer where your feed is. Select the file you're submitting and click Open.
Click Upload and process this file..

More details on uploads here https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188477?hl=en

Hope that helps

Regards
Ajay