2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adding new Product Extensions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, I'm trying to add product extensions to my campaigns. adwords is linked to my merchant centre feed, so no problems there. but when I go to add a new product extension and create a filter (product_type) and click on validate I get a message at the top of my screen:

"There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved.

Please refresh this page to try again.

If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

[ Dismiss ]"

Is this something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author neil s
September 2015

Re: Adding new Product Extensions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Little thread all to myself, just got the following by email from Google just incase anybody has similar issues with Product Extensions:

"As you know, we rolled out Product Listing Ads in 2010 as a new way to provide product information. This was an effort to build on an existing format, Product Extension ads. As advertisers have engaged with these formats over time, they've seen better results from the more recently launched Product Listing Ads. As a result, we will retire Product Extension ads in late May. It will no longer be a separate ad extension in your AdWords campaign.

If you haven't already, we recommend that you take advantage of Product Listing Ads to capture commerce-related search and promote your products in Google and Google Shopping. For more information on how to set this up, visit www.google.co.uk/ads/shopping or contact your sales team."

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Just had a chat with google support as this issue is still occuring. I was told that Product Extensions are being phased out (the announcement was made last week apparently) and this is the reason that I'm unable to add Product Extensions.....

Is anybody aware of Product Extensions being phased out?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author neil s
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Little thread all to myself, just got the following by email from Google just incase anybody has similar issues with Product Extensions:

"As you know, we rolled out Product Listing Ads in 2010 as a new way to provide product information. This was an effort to build on an existing format, Product Extension ads. As advertisers have engaged with these formats over time, they've seen better results from the more recently launched Product Listing Ads. As a result, we will retire Product Extension ads in late May. It will no longer be a separate ad extension in your AdWords campaign.

If you haven't already, we recommend that you take advantage of Product Listing Ads to capture commerce-related search and promote your products in Google and Google Shopping. For more information on how to set this up, visit www.google.co.uk/ads/shopping or contact your sales team."