1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me

Adding more keyword in same campaign will increase budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey i want to ask that if i add more keyword in existing campaign will increase my budget or does it affect by budget ? Thank you in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Sir,

Adding more keywords in your existing campaign, does not make it compulsory that you increase the Budget. But, if you insert very costly and high bid keywords, and you have a low budget set, then your Budget may squeeze up and get exhaust quickly.

Like, if your bid is $5 and budget is $30/day. And if you insert 100+ highly competitive keywords, then it does not make sense. Because not all keywords will ever get a chance to show up. And your budget will have very less space for every keyword.

Please ping me back if this is still not clear to you.

Jaikishan Bajaj
Webindia Inc

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Adding more keywords to your existing adgroup doesn't mean that you need to increase your budget. Budget is in your control that how much you want to spend.

Adding extra keyword only share your existing budget and reduce your impression on other keywords. If you are adding keywords then make sure they are relevant to previous keywords. See the search term repost and add negative keywords to stop un-necessary searched. And, then if you feel that you need to raise budget then you can raise budget.

Always ad the relevant keywords in similar ad group. If keywords are not similar then make different adgroup in same campaign. This will affect the quality score and direct related to adrank and position.

Quality Score:

ADrank and position:

Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Adding more keywords in the campaign is good strategy as it helps triggering more searches. It will increase impressions. Your budget will not be automatically increase, rather adding keywords will help consuming your current budget and improve traffic.

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’