AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adding a negative site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

What if i have listed all my content campaigns in shared library, and add negative placement for all the content campaign:

en.softonic.com

Second case i have a managed placement campaign also listed in shared library.

Now The question is: If i will add this placement in managed placement campaign and bid for this site(en.softonic.com) will there be any impressions for this placement??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nidhi K
September 2015

Re: Adding a negative site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nidhi,

I am bit unsure if I understood your question. When you add any list of negative keywords or sites. you need to select campaigns to apply list. List will be applicable to all campaigns that you will select there. In your case list will be added to all content campaigns including manage and automatic. As we do not need to add negative site under manage placement I suggest you to remove manage placement campaign from shared library.

So if you have some placement like en.softonic.com as in your example in manage placement campaign as well as in same site is assigned as negative to this campaign, it won't show up impressions.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nidhi K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nidhi,

I am bit unsure if I understood your question. When you add any list of negative keywords or sites. you need to select campaigns to apply list. List will be applicable to all campaigns that you will select there. In your case list will be added to all content campaigns including manage and automatic. As we do not need to add negative site under manage placement I suggest you to remove manage placement campaign from shared library.

So if you have some placement like en.softonic.com as in your example in manage placement campaign as well as in same site is assigned as negative to this campaign, it won't show up impressions.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Neha, your interpretation was right.