AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Multiple Landing Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm wondering if creating multiple landing pages for each of my ad groups is the answer for my site.

I'm thinking of creating a landing separate page on my site with no link anywhere else (i.e in menus or in content) - just something my adwords directs too.

Would this be regarded as bad practise by Google and therefore punishable? As it would not be integrated into the overall site but simply used to create a more targeted page for Adword sourced traffic?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding Multiple Landing Pages

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Matt,

It would in fact be the complete opposite! targeted and themed landing pages for your ad groups is a must have for conversion optimisation! If you have been sending traffic to you website you are missing out (in most cases). I have increased conversions by up to 700% for some clients just by creating landing pages, an lowered CPA by 87% in this case!

Go forth and make those landing pages!!!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Matt,
No, this is not against AdWords TOS and is extremely common. You'd be surprised.
In fact, in some cases, you'll see AdWords advertisers that are finely optimized with different landing pages for different KEYWORDS.

For SEO reasons, best practice is to put them on one directory and exclude that directory from Google Search using robots.txt

Hope that helps.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Matt,

Creating a separate landing page for adwords is not a bad practice.
Using a separate landing page with strong call to action and relevancy to ad-copy, keywords, user query can improve your campaign performance.

regards,
Rahul Goel