AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if I send an invitation to my IT guy with full admin access, so he can read and change campaign as neededneeded, will he also have full access to my Gmail email? the email linked automatically to AdWords, even though I did not do it and would actually prefer to sign in separately to each of them. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello kbss; welcome;

No ;

Access level for an AdWords account is for AdWords only. However, do not use the same password, used for your Gmail, to log into your AdWords account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok, thank you, however,I never set a password for AdWords,I am in when ever I sign into email, so ii should just change pass on AdWords in settings and email pass will stay as old?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Oh... I see. You use the same password for all Google products linked to this Google account;

I did not get: you have a personal Gmail account, and you run the company's AdWords on the same personal Google account?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ohhh...I misread the question....You invited the IT guy, not the reverse way....Smiley Happy

No he will not; since when accepting your invitationת he will have to choose a separate password to access the AdWords account.

However, It is highly not recommended that on your PERSONAL account will serve a business AdWords campaign. When you will leave, the company will want to take over the AdWords account. If that happens, you will not be able to access this AdWords account, using your current Google account. (You'll have to open another Google account for AdWords, while keeping your Gmail...That starts to make sign in complicated...)

The best is, that the company opens an AdWords account, and the company will grant you administrative access. (Not the reverse way, as suggested by the current setting.)

-Moshe