1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords thinks I'm a pharmacy when im really a glasses retailer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords thinks I'm a pharmacy when im really a glasses retailer - it's giving me the following error message

Your keyword list appears to contain pharmacy-related content. Google policy requires online pharmacies* in the US to be accredited by the National Association Boards of Pharmacy. Additionally, these pharmacies may only target ads to users in the country in which they are accredited. <p> <p> The AdWords program is only open to pharmacies based in the US or Canada. Google policy does not allow AdWords ads for prescription drugs to be displayed in other countries. <p> <p> For more information about the National Association Boards of Pharmacy, please visit www.nabp.net. <p> <p> *Pharmaceutical manufacturers cannot advertise pharmaceutical drug branded campaigns, websites or keywords outside of the US and Canada. This is also true for informational campaigns targeting physicians exclusively. Please update your location targeting settings to target the US or Canada only.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords thinks I'm a pharmacy when im really a glasses retailer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ouch;

It's "tough" with those Google bots checking sites...- Isn't it? Smiley Surprised Only if they were smarter... Smiley Happy

Please share with us your website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi theopticalco,

Yeah, and they think we sell credit cards, too. The system is pretty good, but not perfect.

Click on the "Contact AdWords" button at the top right of this page. Call support and tell them your problem and request a manual review and over-ride. The bot probably saw "prescription" and decided you were a pharmacy.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

"The AdWords program is only open to pharmacies based in the US or Canada. Google policy does not allow AdWords ads for prescription drugs to be displayed in other countries."

What locations are you targeting? Definitely double check and make sure you are only targeting the US and Canada. On the other hand, if your target market is not in the US or Canada, then perhaps drop the prescription terms, and use broader match variations of terms like '+glasses' to try and capture searches for 'prescription glasses'.

I have never seen this issue for KW's like 'prescription glasses' when targeting a US location... Our client isn't a member of NABP as an optometrist.

You really have to read between the lines here. There is more than one possibility as to what could be going on. Sometimes these error messages can be a bit... misleading. Smiley Happy

Tom