AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords suspended my account for creating multiple accounts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I started AdWords advertising years ago for my own personal business.  After getting the experience and confidence, I joined up with a partner and created a new company under an S-corp.  Since I got the experience from my own personal business in the same market, the new S-corp advertises on the same keywords.  I'm thinking this should be ok since it's a whole new separate entity.  Or is this a violation still? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords suspended my account for creating multiple accounts.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to clarify, my partner signed up the new account (whether he signs up or I -- I believe it doesn't matter) however, for formality sake, perhaps this makes a difference?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi KhoaNguen;

I didn't quite understand if your current business and S-corp is the same business, under different names and having the same domain.

Anyway, AdWords' policy is quite clear on that: read the following clauses from AdWords' policy,[1] and let us know if you comply:

• To protect the value and diversity of the ads running on Google, we don't generally permit advertisers to manage multiple accounts featuring the same business or keywords except in certain limited exceptions. Furthermore, Google doesn't permit multiple ads from the same or an affiliated company or person to appear on the same results page. We've found that pages with multiple text ads from the same company provide less relevant results and a lower quality experience for users. Over time, multiple ads from the same source also reduce overall advertiser performance and lower their return on investment.[1]
  • Unless explicitly advised by Google, individuals advertising for themselves or for their own businesses may only have a single AdWords account. However, your account may contain multiple ad groups and ads triggered by the same or similar keywords.[1]

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe!

My personal business and the s-corp are in similar line of business.  They are under different names and under different domains.

1. I am managing both accounts featuring some same keywords (I am removing those as we speak).

2. I have 1 personal account and the other company (my partner and I co-founded) also has an account. So the s-corp isn't 100% my own business, but a business started by my partner and I. So this isn't completely my own business. It's ok to have 1 personal account and an account I'm managing? 

The surprising thing was that we were under permanent suspension for this violation.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Different domains and different names mean different businesses. You are fully in-line with AdWords' policy,

Why are removing the same keywords? Those are different businesses, targeting the same keywords....That's completely OK!. (competition...)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But the rule states: manage multiple accounts featuring the same business OR keywords.  

Since the "OR" is there, so if I'm managing multiple accounts under different businesses with same keywords, then that's still a violation from what I understand?

Anyway, our suspension has been lifted.  Thank you so much for your help Moshe!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Well; It might be, that the text is somewhat ambiguous ...Smiley Wink;

"Mange multiple accounts with the same keywords that featuring the same business..." (e.g. the same domain)

You are targeting different domains , Hence, those are NOT the same business.

Good luck with your campaigns.

-Moshe