Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords <-> Youtube <-> G+ connection impossible for Google Apps users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I ran into a very unpleasant surprice today:

When you want to start a Video Campaign in AdWords, and you have a Youtube-channel that is linked to a Google+ page, you can't connect your Youtube-channel to Adwords. Because of this very contradicting (I'll get to that) limitation you miss out on:

• very useful Youtube-analytics
  • call-to-action overlay reports
  • the ability to create and use remarketing lists

Now here comes the contradiction part:

1. Google Apps for Business.... is specifically for businesses

2. Google Adwords... is specifically for businesses

3. Google+ Pages... is specifically for businesses

4. Google pushes us hard to connect our Youtube-channel to our Google+ page

5. Google Apps users are paying customers. Shouldn't paying customers at the very least get the same functionality as non-paying customers

Since all our clients Youtube-channels are connected to Google+ pages, for management features and channel name customization I can't use the full set of features when setting up their Video AdWords-campaigns. This really feels like a smack in the face Google.

Does anyone have the same problem... and perhaps a solution?

Regards,

Ian Piepenbrock

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords <-> Youtube <-> G+ connection impossible for G

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ian,
Unfortunately, you're right.
As a Google Apps customer I find this particularly infuriating but it's always been like this.
We didn't get access to Google+ until many months after it was launched and I am still dealing with duplicate account issues to this day as a result.

In fact, there are still many services that Google offers that Apps customers can't get access to. We pay for what we sign up for. Anything new, we're not guaranteed.

The Google Apps team are completely separate from everyone else so there's little we can do about this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. Well what more can I say? Smiley Happy This sucks big time. And you're right, this isn't the first time Google Apps users are left in the cold when it comes to features. It's so frustrating....

I circeled you on G+, please circle me back Smiley Happy

https://plus.google.com/u/1/103907262758572276166

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the exact problem. I can't believe it happens again with every new feature. Does anyone know when this will be fixed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Oliver, well the most frustrating part is that nobody knows and nobody from Google will tell us. Like Dave mentioned above, the Google Apps team moves like some sort of special forces 'black ops' team... :-S

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I asked a person from Google and even they don't know internally when this will be fixed :-( He is assuming it takes a couple of weeks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling / not renewing my Google Apps account because of this. I thought paying would ensure a BETTER experience. Not a worse one. It's costing me time and money and it's insulting to not be able to get answers. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I hear you, if Google Apps wasn't integrated in our total workflow (CRM, timetracking, invoicing etc) I would strongly consider the same thing. And yes it's insulting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for checking with Google Oliver. "assuming it takes a couple of weeks" What did Steve Jobs say about assumption again...?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so I am not crazy and this is an ongoing issue of Google Apps users.

so should we just give up?