AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords limited approval

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Several of my ads in a new ad campaign have been flagged by Google as "Approved Limited." Apparently this indicated trademark violations. I simply used nouns, verbs and adjectives to write ad copy and did not consciously make any use of competitor's name or material. How do I find the "trademark" I violated in order to fix my AdWords ads?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords limited approval

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Bill H

moving your thread to the adwords board. Actually you posted in the GMB board

AdWords limited approval

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Usually these are known brands, or you could check on the US trade marks website if the abbreviations or named used are listed as trademarks under the category / business / product you are advertising;

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

AdWords limited approval

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Bill,

Moshe has pointed out the main points to your inquiry but I wanted to add that you do not have to fix anything. The ads will stream but are limited as to where. This is not a violation. Ads will be disapproved, approved or approved limited. 

You could simply keep them as it and add in a new ad to each ad group that uses more generic terms and see if they get more action than the approved limited ones. 

Kind Regards,

James

AdWords limited approval

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

What locations are you targeting?

Tom