AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords how to stop campaign, was a work in progress, didn't mean to activate already.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a student at a University, Our Sr. Class is working on a project, we are on a team trying to start an AdWords campaign for a real client (first time working with Google AdWords). We are NOT ready for our client to be charged.

This morning I went in to delete some phrases and saw the client is already being charged per day.  I have paused, and changed to $0.00 per day.

How can I get back to the beginning and delete some AdWords and keep client from being charged until the project is complete?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: AdWords how to stop campaign, was a work in progress, didn't mean to activate already.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
AdWords accounts are like living things - nothing is ever truly deleted - even when "removed" - so going back to the beginning is like telling a 5 yr old to go back to being 3 - won't happen (like pretty much everything else you tell a 5 yr old!)

The simplest answer is to pause all your campaigns. you can still work on them - write ads, adjust bids, get all the config just the way you want it - and then take the campaigns live.

Unfortunately, if you had the campaigns live and Google served them and this generated some cost - that's going to have to be paid for.

Students or not - ready or not - if you run the ads you have to pay for them - now there's a valuable lesson for you right there!

Hope it wasn't too much ;-)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: AdWords how to stop campaign, was a work in progress, didn't mean to activate already.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
AdWords accounts are like living things - nothing is ever truly deleted - even when "removed" - so going back to the beginning is like telling a 5 yr old to go back to being 3 - won't happen (like pretty much everything else you tell a 5 yr old!)

The simplest answer is to pause all your campaigns. you can still work on them - write ads, adjust bids, get all the config just the way you want it - and then take the campaigns live.

Unfortunately, if you had the campaigns live and Google served them and this generated some cost - that's going to have to be paid for.

Students or not - ready or not - if you run the ads you have to pay for them - now there's a valuable lesson for you right there!

Hope it wasn't too much ;-)