4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords for recruitment to research study

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm interested in trying AdWords to recruit people to a research study (looking at how people give up smoking without using medication or counselling). Has anyone any experience of using ads in this way? I have concerns as to how cost-effective it would be (our budget for recruitment is limited). We need to recruit about 70 people in total, half being ex-smokers who gave up on their own and half being smokers who are thinking about quitting on their own. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: AdWords for recruitment to research study

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi smithxsmith; welcome ;

Well.... It might not be the answer you'd like to hear, but saying simple: "You cannot". (Others would just say "forget about it"... )

Smoking and clinical studies, are two topics NOT allowed by AdWords policy. I understand that the study / research is for a good cause. However, the topics are banned by the policy. (No matter the cause. )

Read More:

Healthcare and medicines Policy :

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: AdWords for recruitment to research study

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey,

Moshe's absolutely correct on this one. You cannot advertise for clinical studies using AdWords.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!