Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords & Analytics Accounts are linked but not transferring data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello folks!

I linked the AdWords & Analytics Accounts but can't see any data in Analytics. 

For the liniking process, i used the official documentation. 

What did I miss?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords & Analytics Accounts are linked but not transferring data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

Wait for 24 hours after linking both the accounts.
Ensure auto-tagging is enabled.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Chris,

We should probably know whether or not GA worked properly previously. If it did not you may have an issue with adding GA codes to your webpages.

If it did, the most obvious reason might be that you should be waiting for about 12-24 hrs before AdWords data gets reported in GA under the section Acquisition > AdWords.

If none of the above helps you are advised to go thru Kim's article article linked to below.

Linking Google AdWords and Google Analytics
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Linking-Google-AdWords-and-Google-Analytics/ba-p/...

Some advertisers occasionally forget about step 3 in the above piece of writing which is about linking the AdWords to the proper GA profile.

Best,
Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both for your answers!

@Archit: I'm not shure about auto-tagging or how it works. I'll dive into this and see if it changes something.

@Lakatos: GA by itself works fine, the code is correct. I waitet more than 24h, each time i changed something. I think, i am doing something wrong. I will go through your link and reply then.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Fingers crossed ... Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Please have a look at the screenshot attached below, it will help you to cross-check whether auto-tagging is enabled or not.

auto-tagging_censored.jpg

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again for all your advice!

@Archit: I enabled auto-tagging as your screenshot shows.

In Google Analytics: Right now, I see stats for session in the Aquisition->Channels -View for the keywords used in AdWords. I also see stats in the Aquisition->AdWords->Campaign -View. Again, they are listet with the campaign-titles from AdWords and marked with a AdWords-Logo on the right.

In both views, i don't see any numbers for conversions. How do I get this to work?

I hope you guys will understand me. I am not used to write down specific descriptions in english. I'm sorry for that!

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi,

Have you got any conversion from adwords so far?
If not:
Have your generated/created the conversion code from the adwords account?
Have you pasted that code to your success page or thankyou page?
If you have generated the goal from the google analytics account, then have you imported the goals within the adwords account?

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, AdWords shows some conversions, but these don't match the numbers of real orders from the shop-software.
Because of this, I think I still have a problem.
I implemented the generated code for AdWords to my success page and tested it, My test-runs were successful.
Can you explain what your last question is about? I don't think i generated a goal. How do i?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Hi,

The data mismatch between adwords and GA may be due to:

• If the GA account linking to the adwords account is made after getting some conversions within adwords then GA will not show them in all time Data.
  • If the time zone of both the accounts is different.
  • If you analyse the same day data in both the accounts then there will always be a different data. This is due to the data update time, adwords data update is almost lagging than GA.

You order mismatch might be due to your live tests, directly landing to success page. Directly landing to the success page will contribute a conversion but actually there is no purchase.

you can check this in GA account by choosing channels or sources/medium as dimensions.

Now, if you want to check whether any tracking code placed on any of the webpage is correct, the best option is using the Google's Tag Assistant extension. It the is best way to check the tracking code. Any code with error will be highlighted as red or yellow while the green colour indicates that the code is implemented correctly.

Now, the last query by you that how we set up and import goal from GA account?

Hope you must be having admin rights for the GA account

GA goals_censored.jpg

Now click goals >> +new goal >> setup your goal as per your desire. Even you can opt custom setup(last option)

goal setup.jpg

This way you can complete the goal setup.

How to import Ga goal in adwords?

Click to the settings Icon within adwords account >> linked accounts >> Google Analytics >> click Edit(linked GA account) >> select import site metrics >> save.

import ga goals.jpg

**Please not if you have already setup the same goal(conversion) from adwords and both the accounts are linked with auto-tagging enabled(from GA account) then there is no need to setup the same goal from GA account.

Regards