AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Remarketing List - How to track URL with specific query strings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

This is my first post here. I'll try to explain my problem real quick.

I try to create a Remarketing List for a specific URL query string.

That query string is attached to inbound links from a specific source (website for searching and comparing prices)

Example: mydomain.com/my-product-1?trackid=someid-here (the id is the same everytime, and is used for the originating website)

I have created some test remarketing lists, with variations on the URL, but none gave me results. The origin website creates about 10.000-12.000 visits per month.

Test List 1 is like this: "URL contains ?tracking=trackid"

Test List 2 is like this: "URL contains mydomain.com/*?tracking=trackid"

Test List 3 is like this: "URL ends with ?tracking=trackid"

By now it should have created some results in List size. So, some help would be most welcome, because I really need to start creating some remarketing campaigns along with regular search campaigns.

Thanks in advance.

Re: AdWords Remarketing List - How to track URL with specific query strings?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@LePets

Welcome. What you are wanting to do is possible, it just requires some extra steps to get it to work. You're going to have to setup "tracking" as a custom parameter.  This will require an edit to your remarketing code to account for this parameter, and then setting the appropriate rules for all the sources you want to build lists for.

Everything you need to learn how to do this can be found here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3111920

AdWords Remarketing List - How to track URL with specific query strings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Thanks for that link. Will read through it and hope it helps Smiley Wink

Regards,

At