AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Landing Pages - Use Main Domain or Sub Folder?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We our planning to launch landing pages that are linked from Google AdWord campaigns. 

My question is that we own some keyword-rich domains that contain the name of the product and the location we are based (London) - should we link our ad campaigns to these domains or link them to sub-folders under our main website? Which is best practice, particularly when it comes to SEO?

So, should the ad campaigns link to:

www.company-name.co.uk/product-name-london

or

www.product-name.london 

The company website has been around for several years. The keyword domain has been purchased for about a year and currently redirects to our main website.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Landing Pages - Use Main Domain or Sub Folder?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Typically I won't suggest you to mix up SEO with AdWords here. Go with the most relevant landing pages whether they exist in a sub folder or if they are dedicated for driving AdWords traffic. Key is the relevancy with respect to what you are advertising. Also ensure that Ad Bot is able to crawl your page properly, other wise it might impact the Landing Page Quality.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj1782 for your response.

We also want the landing page to appear in Google organic search as well being linked to from ad campaigns. In this case, which domain would you suggest is better for SEO?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kashif,

This community is dedicated to adwords and as mentioned by Pankaj, you need relevant landing pages (Relevant with ads, keywords and services/products on the landing page) for adwords.
It does not matter even if you create sub-domain or any particular landing page which even not linked to your main website.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

To be honest with you, that's actually off topic question Smiley Happy

But since you have asked I can  point you to this help center doc:-

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/76329?hl=en

For more on SEO and organic queries, you can post your questions over here:- https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, apologies for going off-topic. I will post my queries in the place you have suggested.

Thanks again for your help.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Link to your primary domain, because your other domain (www.product-name.london) redirects ultimately to your primary one, and to use it for your adwords is against the policy. What your sub-domain is for is more of an SEO strategy but for advertising they prefer no redirects.