AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Lab!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

When you were a beginner in AdWords, what was the most unforgettable strategy you had ever done in a campaign? 

More Power,
Loraine
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Lab!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

:smileytongue: Wow, those days are gone. So far, we get better as we discover the rules and learn to play with it.

I was not utilizing the keyword tool before & simply proceed with the most common terms I can think of. I easily get bored if the campaign I am about to run is categorized under industrial equipment or manufacturing machineries. I find it hard to brainstorm and think like a customer & see what I have to type to search it on Google. Since then, I have explored the interface & discover how informative each tab can be.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

More Power,
Loraine

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
-- I used to forgot setting up separate campaign for search and display. I used to forgot change the settings under campaign settings.

-- I used to have two (!) mark in the adcopy Smiley Happy

Thankfully Now I won't do those mistakes.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Loraine,

>>I usually forgot to the change my destination URL.

>>I was doing the same just like Neha...Use two ! (exclamatory sign)mark in my adcopy.Smiley Tongue

But Now I overcome from such kind of mistakes...Smiley Happy

Thanks
Anchal
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

:smileytongue: Wow, those days are gone. So far, we get better as we discover the rules and learn to play with it.

I was not utilizing the keyword tool before & simply proceed with the most common terms I can think of. I easily get bored if the campaign I am about to run is categorized under industrial equipment or manufacturing machineries. I find it hard to brainstorm and think like a customer & see what I have to type to search it on Google. Since then, I have explored the interface & discover how informative each tab can be.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

More Power,
Loraine

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey LoraineQuiaoit,

I think I misunderstood your question Smiley Tongue You asking "unforgetable strategy" & I answered "mistakes" Smiley Happy

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’