Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Keyword Match Types

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 
I am initiating an adwords campaign for my digital marketing learning. I have designed my campaign structure as below.

Campaign structure: 

Campaign 1: Digital marketing 

1.  Adgroup1 - Inbound marketing, 
  2.  Adgroup 2- Email marketing,
  3. Adgroup 3 -  SEO
  4. Adgroup 4 -  PPC campaigns
  5. Adgroup 5 - Website design & development

Campaign 2: Content writing/ translation

Campaign 3: Lead referral

Campaign 4: Video content

Keywords for ad group 1: 

+inbound marketing dubai
+Inbound marketing UAE
+Inbound marketing Abu dhabi
+Inbound marketing +agency
+Inbound marketing company
+Inbound marketing +Digital marketing +dubai
+Digital marketing +agency
+Digital marketing +abu dhabi
+Digital marketing +UAE
+Digital +agency
"Best digital marketing company"
+Digital marketing +strategist

Now my question is: 

1. Is the structuring process of the campaign a good one? or Any alternatives would work well for me during bid management or adding/ removing keywords.
  2. Am I getting the usage of match type correctly. Or can there be any improvements?
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: AdWords Keyword Match Types

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @R Praveen R

You have done a great job by structuring your campaigns thematically. Kudos for the same. Now you should take @Theresa_Zook's insightful suggestion and work with your keywords and their match types.

Digital marketing is a competitive industry and for this reason you need to take great care in establishing relevancy of your campaigns to your advertising goals. Going too broad can be a costly affair. A restrictive approach where you target more of action oriented search intents is something I would advise you at this point. Be moderately strict in your targeting to aim your share of the pie cost effectively. Research and add proper negatives to your campaigns.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

You asked, "Am I getting the usage of match type correctly. Or can there be any improvements?"

I would say you may not get the results you expect, based on the way you have formatted the Modified Broad Match keywords. Ideally, every word in the keyword phrase should have the + sign in front of it.  The + sign is what tells the AdWords system that you require that word to be present in the search term. Leaving the + sign off of any keyword means that the system is free to match your keyword phrase(s) with search terms that seem to be like the keyword phrase.

+inbound marketing dubai 
+Inbound marketing UAE
+Inbound marketing Abu dhabi 
+Inbound marketing company 

For all of the above examples, the AdWords system will attempt to match search terms that are right for all the words in each keyword phrase, but you used the + sign only with the word "inbound", so only the word "inbound" is going to be required in the search terms.

+Digital marketing +abu dhabi  

For this keyword phrase, only the words digital and abu will necessarily appear in the search term

"Best digital marketing company"

The above keyword phrase is in "phrase match" format and is correct.

My only other suggestion is that you don't need to use capital letters in your keyword phrases. The AdWords system does not pay attention to capitalization.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @R Praveen R

You have done a great job by structuring your campaigns thematically. Kudos for the same. Now you should take @Theresa_Zook's insightful suggestion and work with your keywords and their match types.

Digital marketing is a competitive industry and for this reason you need to take great care in establishing relevancy of your campaigns to your advertising goals. Going too broad can be a costly affair. A restrictive approach where you target more of action oriented search intents is something I would advise you at this point. Be moderately strict in your targeting to aim your share of the pie cost effectively. Research and add proper negatives to your campaigns.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ratan-Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Theresa Zook

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.