Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Grant, need to create a brand new AdWords account

Lia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Lia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking for advice to set up a brand new AdWords account. My organization was given a grant, and I made a mistake in the account I submitted to Google (it included payment info). The message back from Google is to create a brand-new AdWords account, but to do that I need a new email address and I haven't been able to figure out how to use a real email address and create a new account. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lia

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Grant, need to create a brand new AdWords account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Lia,

First, go to gmail and open a new email account. Now log out and log into your AdWords account and invite the new address to join that account. Log out again. Find the message in your new email account and click on the link. Answer the question "I have an account" to join the existing account.

Log out again, and log back in with the original email. Confirm adding the new email address and promote to admin. Log out and log back in with the new email and remover the old email address from that account. That address is now available to use in your new account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lia,

Best bet would be to sign up for a new gmail email address. Set up the new account with that.

When it's set up, you can grant admin access to your other email address (or use an MCC). Then delete the origianal/temporary email address.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704346

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Lia,

First, go to gmail and open a new email account. Now log out and log into your AdWords account and invite the new address to join that account. Log out again. Find the message in your new email account and click on the link. Answer the question "I have an account" to join the existing account.

Log out again, and log back in with the original email. Confirm adding the new email address and promote to admin. Log out and log back in with the new email and remover the old email address from that account. That address is now available to use in your new account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords