4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor won't install

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a new iMac and am trying to install Adwords Editor 9.7.1 but keep getting an installation failure.  Anyone else having this problem?  It says "There were errors with the installation. You may want to try installing again." and "The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."  I've retried running the installer a few times and even re-downloaded it with no luck.  I can find no answers by Googling.  I'm running Mac OS 10.7.3.  Any suggestions???  TIA!  Shannon

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LynnyRose (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Editor won't install

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that you have ran into problems downloading Adwords Editor.

Would be able to do the following and see how you get on. If the steps below do not resolve the issue, please respond to this thread with the exact error messaging that is presenting to you and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

1. Clear the cache and cookies of the browser you are using.

2. Follow the Download steps outlined via this link: http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/started.html

3. If an initial problem emerges use this handy troubleshooter to narrow down the issues that might be at play: http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=140552&topic=2475857&ctx=topic

Good luck!

LynRose

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 11
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, I just downloaded the installer using my Chrome browser (rather than clear my cache, etc., in Firefox).  Installation was successful this time.  Not sure if the browser change had anything to do with it, but happy it worked.  Thanks, LynRose!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got it. I had to open the installers package contents and unzip the archive.pax.zip file. Then go into the application and frameworks folder. COPY the XUL.frameworks folder to the frameworks folder in the LIBRARY. Move mac application to applications folder and done.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

That really sucks!  I'm not a Mac user and I've never had problems installing Adwords Editor but I just wanted to shoot you this link to see if that might help you trouble-shoot it in case you weren't aware of this link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=14625

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi steppingstone,

In addition, I would like to share a thread related to Adwords Editor 9.7.1. which as started by AWP Mini in the old interface Adwords fourm. It comprises of certain solutions given by Adwords Engineers. You can find it here:

Adwords Editor 9.7.1.

Hope that might be of some help to you!

Pankaj

Can't install Adwords Editor!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem as steppingstone. I migrated from my old macbook pro to a new one and the only application that didn't work is Adwords Editor. Then I erased it and downloaded version 9.7.1, but can't install it. I'm using OS X 10.7.3 Lion.

What should I do???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was having teh same problem on my OX S 10.7.3

I went into my Finder, All files, and then typed "adwords". 

Typing "Adwords editor" found nothing. 

"adwords" found the files I had downloaded. 

By clicking these I successfully completed the download of the Editor file. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It didn't work for me... I tried to install again, and same error showed up. Then I looked for "adwords" in finder and didn't get any files to click.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just when I thought it was all sorted, got in & made changes to the page etc., then exited only to find it disappeared again. 

I reloaded it, did the same, and it disappeared yet again. It appears the only way I'll be able to keep it active is to minimise... not close it off!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, it's comforting to know I'm not the only one having this problem.  It's not much fun having to make all my changes through the web browser, but until Google comes out with an update, I'm afraid that may be the way I have to work.  I even tried viewing the contents of the install package to see if I could manually install it, but I just don't feel confident enough there.  I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has an answer, though.  Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The last message was in April. It's now the end of May. Did anyone find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem. Smiley Sad

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that you have ran into problems downloading Adwords Editor.

Would be able to do the following and see how you get on. If the steps below do not resolve the issue, please respond to this thread with the exact error messaging that is presenting to you and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

1. Clear the cache and cookies of the browser you are using.

2. Follow the Download steps outlined via this link: http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/started.html

3. If an initial problem emerges use this handy troubleshooter to narrow down the issues that might be at play: http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=140552&topic=2475857&ctx=topic

Good luck!

LynRose