2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Cost Discrepancy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, i'm new here and I have a question. I have been noticing that the numbers of my "Cost" changes and it's making me lose track of my budgets because I've had cases where it's showing 2000 dollars today, but a few days later shows me 1000 dollars. Please help. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary L
July 2016

Re: AdWords Cost Discrepancy.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Gary,

My guess is that you have invalid traffic coming through AdWords. Invalid traffic refers to clicks and impressions on AdWords ads that aren't the result of genuine customer interest, such as ones coming through automated tools. When the AdWords system detects invalid traffic it will do it's best to remove it from reports (as well as cost associated with it). This may explain the retroactive changes to ad spend that you are seeing in your account.

This article explains invalid traffic more in-depth and also tells you how to view the amount of invalid activity which would validate this theory: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

Hope this helps,
Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary L
July 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Gary,

My guess is that you have invalid traffic coming through AdWords. Invalid traffic refers to clicks and impressions on AdWords ads that aren't the result of genuine customer interest, such as ones coming through automated tools. When the AdWords system detects invalid traffic it will do it's best to remove it from reports (as well as cost associated with it). This may explain the retroactive changes to ad spend that you are seeing in your account.

This article explains invalid traffic more in-depth and also tells you how to view the amount of invalid activity which would validate this theory: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

Hope this helps,
Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jim,

Thanks a lot for your reply!