3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords/Ad Sense death loop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am sorry, but I really need to say that I really [censored]ing hate Google.

Can someone from Google please get off their [censored]ing [censored] and answer/resolve this dumb [censored] issue????

I very simply want to monetize my Youtube videos.  Easy enough, right?  You would think...  So I go to sign up for Google Ad Sense, as this is required to do this. Since I do not have a qualified web site, I choose the "I don't have a web site option" to which Google re-directs me to YouTube's partner program.  YouTube says "hey you need an Ad Sense account"  and re-directs me BACK to Google's Ad Sense account thus locking me in the loop of hell.  And don't answer by saying "fix your web site" - I should not even need a web site to do this

For the biggest tech company that "runs the web", I have never seen a more cluster- [censored]ed system for something so simple that it should take one mouse click to set up.

So now some how, I got signed up for an "Ad Words" account which I am finding out is totally different from Ad Sense.   I don't want or need an Ad Words account (of which, surprisingly, Google gives me no way to remove).  All I simply want is an active Ad Sense account o monetize some stupid You Tube videos.  Every 5th grader seems to have this working, why had Google made it so screwed up to enable?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords/Ad Sense death loop

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Have you followed these steps, in order?
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72857

Re: AdWords/Ad Sense death loop

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

You may have more luck if you post your AdSense question in the AdSense Help Forum.

Good luck

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*