AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords/Ad Sense death loop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am sorry, but I really need to say that I really [censored]ing hate Google.

Can someone from Google please get off their [censored]ing [censored] and answer/resolve this dumb [censored] issue????

I very simply want to monetize my Youtube videos.  Easy enough, right?  You would think...  So I go to sign up for Google Ad Sense, as this is required to do this. Since I do not have a qualified web site, I choose the "I don't have a web site option" to which Google re-directs me to YouTube's partner program.  YouTube says "hey you need an Ad Sense account"  and re-directs me BACK to Google's Ad Sense account thus locking me in the loop of hell.  And don't answer by saying "fix your web site" - I should not even need a web site to do this

For the biggest tech company that "runs the web", I have never seen a more cluster- [censored]ed system for something so simple that it should take one mouse click to set up.

So now some how, I got signed up for an "Ad Words" account which I am finding out is totally different from Ad Sense.   I don't want or need an Ad Words account (of which, surprisingly, Google gives me no way to remove).  All I simply want is an active Ad Sense account o monetize some stupid You Tube videos.  Every 5th grader seems to have this working, why had Google made it so screwed up to enable?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords/Ad Sense death loop

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you followed these steps, in order?
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72857

Re: AdWords/Ad Sense death loop

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

You may have more luck if you post your AdSense question in the AdSense Help Forum.

Good luck

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*