3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Account Setup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am setting up a new account for a client that does not have an Google account or Gmail. I would like to use her work email to set up her AdWords account. What are the steps I can tell her to take in order to setup an AdWords and Analytics account without having to create a Google account and without having to setup a campaign? 

Or do you need a Google account? 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelsey B
October 2016

AdWords Account Setup

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Kelsey,

I strongly recommend that they create a new Google email. There's no advantage in using their work email, because you still need to visit the AdWords site and enter an email and password. 

Having said that, when signing up you can click on "I prefer to use my current email address" and use an existing, non-Google email. The risk here is if the client uses the same password as their other uses of their email.

Another key difference is emails from Google - if you create a new Gmail account you might want to forward all emails to their regular email account, so that important AdWords messages are received.

AdWords Account Setup

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Kelsey,

you can use the company work email to create a google account. from there you can create an adwords account. 

regards,

Zaby

AdWords Account Setup

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hello Kelsey,

So, in general, you will need to create a Google Account if you are using a work email. It is part of the process unfortunately Smiley Sad

For example, when you have an AdWords account and you would like to add your client work email as an admin to the account and when she clicks on the link to accept the invitation it will bring her to a page to create a google account if it does not have an google account before.

Once she creates a Google account, she has basically completed the process on her end, then the current admin of the AdWords account, will need to click on the button "Grant Access" under the Account Access inside the AdWords account.

Once you click on the "Grant Access" button, it would be completed. Smiley Happy

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa