Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Account Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I recently created an account to look around in AdWords and explore the tool.  Aat the same time, a co-worker created a company account and wanted to add me to it.  Since you can't have one email to two accounts, how can I join my work account and delete the old account?  I tried to update my email in the initial account but it required administrator permission.  What does my email administrator need to do to allow me to change my email?

Thanks!

-Christy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Account Info

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Christy11,

You can only use one email address for one AdWords account. Each account, whether active or deleted, must have at least one admin. This is not something your email administrator needs to do. Here's my suggestion:

Get a free email account from gmail. Invite that email address to join your existing account. Now log out of AdWords. If you are using a unified login for all Google services, you'll need ot log out of Google as well. Go find the email and click on the link. On the following page, select "I already have an account." )If you select I do not have an account, a new accout will be created instead of linkinf you to the existing account.

When you're done with that, log back in with your old address. Confirm the add, then promote the new user to admin. Log out and log back in with the new email address and delete the old one.

The old email address is now available to add to your company account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: AdWords Account Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much! That worked!
-Christy