2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdMob app registeration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Registering any app on AdMob could by default make that app act as both publisher and advertiser. Anyone, please help me on this. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdMob app registeration

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Biswanath
Can you clarify what your question actually is?
Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David...

Suppose I want to promote my app and choose AdMob as a platform for promotion. Now, here I just want to promote my app on various similar apps and I don't want any other app gets any advertising space in my app. But as the concept of AdMob is a mix of both AdWord and Adsense where any register app on AdMob could act as both publisher and advertiser.

So, I want to know is it possible in AdMob that my app will not act as a publisher but only as a advertiser. Please help me on this doubt...thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Biswanath
I'm really not sure about Admob in terms of how it works for both together, but if you only want to advertise your app in other apps, then why not use AdWords instead of AdMob? You don't have to sign up to offer your own inventory with AdWords. I assumed that's what you were talking about in the first place.

If you want to go the AdMob only route, I think your best bet would be to ask over on the AdMob SDK forum (there's no general advertiser forum) https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-admob-ads-sdk

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dave...for that helpful forum link. Actually, a dedicated campaign for mobile apps can be created in Adwords but it will cover the whole search and display network. But, I believe in AdMob we can promote an app in the similar kind of available apps only which are registered in AdMob. It is exclusively for mobile advertising.

Once again thanks for your kind reply...