AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

AdGroups Bid (Max CPC) - Does it overrule individual product bids?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

At the top of my PLA Google Shopping campaign a option which says "AdGroup BIds (Max CPC)" ... Does this amount limit the amount that individual products bid?

i.e. product 1 has a bid set at 23p ... does the above if set at 20 restrict it to 20?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: AdGroups Bid (Max CPC) - Does it overrule individual product bids?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jason,

Great question - the answer is no. Your product bid will overrule the ad group bid. The ad group bid is considered a default in case one of your products did not have a bid. As long as your products all have bids, they will overrule the ad group bid no matter whether they are higher or lower than the ad group bid.

Best,
Amy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jason,

Great question - the answer is no. Your product bid will overrule the ad group bid. The ad group bid is considered a default in case one of your products did not have a bid. As long as your products all have bids, they will overrule the ad group bid no matter whether they are higher or lower than the ad group bid.

Best,
Amy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply.

So how does one not have a bid set because the only option is to set a bid
or click "Excluded" which I assume removes the product from PLA?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jason,

It's been awhile since I added a new product group.... When you added a new product group, was the bid originally the same as the ad group until you updated it? If I recall, that's how the default works. It is a little different than with ad group defaults within regular search campaigns but a similar principle.

Best,
Amy