Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad words paid for campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just started my campaign in Ad Words. My Adword is at the bottom of page 1. The websites above me are non paid for and do not have the word AD next to them. Why do non paid for websites appear above a paid for AD?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are there other ads above yours?  If you look inside Adwords, there is a particular metric called "Average Position".

If your average position is low (below 3 or 4) there is an opportunity for you to raise your bid and be placed higher on the page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kurt, no paid for ads above me?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWords ads are placed at both the top and bottom of search engine results pages (SERPs).  Sounds like your ad is not ranking high enough to be placed in one of the top-of-page slots. 

You can add these three columns to your "Keywords" page to gain a better sense of where you stand:

Estimated First Page Bid, Estimated Top Page Bid, Estimated First Position Bid. 

Also keep in mind your Quality Score strongly influences where your ad is ranked. The higher the quality score the better your rank for a given bid. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Ian, 

Your quality score and bid are too low. that is why they are placed at the bottom of the page. 

regards,

Zaby