5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad text with trademarked terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out what to do with the error message: "Your ads in this ad group aren't showing because your ad text contains a trademarked term."

The nature of our business is such that the ad would be practically useless without the term in question. What do people do in this situation?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DigitalAnalog
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Using a trade-name within the ad-text is not allowed - with some exceptions -  unless you are authorized by the trade-name holder.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I'm aware. That's why I asked the question, "what do people do?" If I were selling some widget--let's say shoe laces--that only worked for Nike shoes, how would I do that? So ideally, I'd want to use the term "Nike show laces," but I wouldn't be able to. Do people just make their ads generic "shoe laces" and that's the only option?

I applied for the exemption, but it's very unlikely to happen.

Thx

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Think about a  creative ad-copy without using the trade-name....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will do. Thanks!