1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad showing in AD Preview but not in Browser

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created an Ad words account for promoting my business on line, But I"m facing a strange issue.

AD is approved and credit is also there and AD is showing in AD Preview and Diagnosis, Everything seems to be fine and normal, But when I search with keywords my AD is not getting displayed in Browser.

I cleared all cache and cookies,tried in different browsers as well but facing the same issue.

Folks please help.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad showing in AD Preview but not in Browser

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Please check your settings.
Are you targeting to some other locations apart from the one in which you are?

If yes, then it can not check live with any of your browsers as your location is not a part included in the targeting locations.
If it is visible through ad preview and diagnosis tool then it must be getting traffic/impressions in your adwords stats.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks for replying, Yes I checked my location settings, seems to be fine.

I have configured intended location.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sri,

If you are seeing ads displayed via Ad Preview and Diagnosis and not getting any error, you should be fine. Ad Preview tool and diagnosis tool is avail for the user to check ads. By searching your own ads online on google search impacts your campaign stats. Hence it is not advisable to do that.

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is smart. It will stop showing you an ad when it determines that you are not looking up the search term with the intention to purchase. There may be other factors involved but as long as you get impressions and Google says that your ad is being served, I would not worry. If you are using the Chrome web browser, I would recommend only viewing the ad in Incognito Mode. This way you might be able to see it being served. Remember to not risk skewing your own data, especially if you get little traffic and have optimizers on.