Guide Me
star_border

Ad preview issue

nac
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
nac
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried a number of times to see my ads in ad preview. I've tried different keywords. Each time I get the message that the ad is not showing for the keyword and the suggestion about adjusting the location. For location, I use a 15 km radius in Sydney (Australia) in the campaign settings. The location on the ad preview tool is also Sydney, and I'm searching within that radius. So, why do the ads not show? 

Any help would be appreciated, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nac
September 2015

Re: Ad preview issue

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi nac,

I think the issue you have is you've got the radius targeting to 15kms and I don't think the preview tool goes down to that detail. If you were to change from 15kms to sydney (temporarily to test) I think you'd start seeing the ad in the preview tool.

I know the targeting in AUS isn't the greatest so if you're finding low volumes on your 15kms, you may need to open it up a bit and use the ad copy to pre-qualify the clicks.

Are you getting clicks and impressions building up in the account OK?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nac
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi nac,

I think the issue you have is you've got the radius targeting to 15kms and I don't think the preview tool goes down to that detail. If you were to change from 15kms to sydney (temporarily to test) I think you'd start seeing the ad in the preview tool.

I know the targeting in AUS isn't the greatest so if you're finding low volumes on your 15kms, you may need to open it up a bit and use the ad copy to pre-qualify the clicks.

Are you getting clicks and impressions building up in the account OK?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This also drives me crazy. I have camapigns all over australia for small business frachises and have small radius set at 10 mi radius around specific longitude and lattitude. I go to the preview tool and set IT at the same longitude and latitude and it STILL wont show me my ads! I argued about it for an hour with a consultant at google....if my location target and my preview tool have the exact same long and lat then WHY CANT I PREVIEW FOR THAT RADIUS ! AAARGH !