2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why despite of quality score of 6/10, my ads not perferming good. i got only 9 to 10 clicks a day & 1 conversion. If someone can guide me in this concern.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaya P
September 2015

Re: Ad performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jaya,

Quality Score is an indicator mainly of three aspects viz. Ad Relevance, Expected Click Through Rate, and Landing Page Experience. It's not an indicator of conversions. 

Having good quality scores assures that your keywords, ad copies and landing pages have expected relevance, and based on your clicks a better CTR can be expected. But it does not assure that your keywords/ad-copies/ad-formats are relevant to your conversion/business goal.

To have a better conversion rate you need to ensure that all your efforts are aligned to your conversion goal. Moreover, your landing page matters a lot. A better landing page is the one that gives a positive experience, takes your ads' message forward and convinces your visitors to convert. It has to do a lot with visitors' psychology. Perhaps this is the reason landing page optimization is one of the most crucial aspects of online marketing today.

My advice to you would be -

1. Check your keywords if they are closely targeted to your advertising goals
  2. Make sure your ad copies act as the briefs of your landing page goal
  3. Make sure your landing page is properly optimized
  4. Make sure your sitelinks are acting as landing pages as well and they are optimized for conversion
  5. Work with your ad copies, and remove any irrelevancy to your goal
  6. And keep an eye on Search Qeury Report

My two cents!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jaya,

In addition to informative response from Ratan above, I would like to add that it's good that you have QS of 6, which is fine with room of improvement as well.

Number of clicks in a day also depend upon various campaign settings that you have implemented in your website. You can share the some more insights with the Community for specific recommendations.

What type of campaigns are you running currently? Search, display etc?

Have you implemented any ad extensions in the account?

Does phone calls matter to you and whether you are currently driving phone calls in your account?

How's the conversions from other traffic sources like organic, referral, social etc?

Yes, the website or the Landing Page is the real key here. Whatever you are committing in your ads should be followed by your landing page to support. Unrealistic expectations will lead to bad customer experience and low conversion rate for you.

Also offline factors like competitive pricing, any special offers in comparison to your competitors also plays vital role in deciding the overall conversions for your business website.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jaya,

Quality Score is an indicator mainly of three aspects viz. Ad Relevance, Expected Click Through Rate, and Landing Page Experience. It's not an indicator of conversions. 

Having good quality scores assures that your keywords, ad copies and landing pages have expected relevance, and based on your clicks a better CTR can be expected. But it does not assure that your keywords/ad-copies/ad-formats are relevant to your conversion/business goal.

To have a better conversion rate you need to ensure that all your efforts are aligned to your conversion goal. Moreover, your landing page matters a lot. A better landing page is the one that gives a positive experience, takes your ads' message forward and convinces your visitors to convert. It has to do a lot with visitors' psychology. Perhaps this is the reason landing page optimization is one of the most crucial aspects of online marketing today.

My advice to you would be -

1. Check your keywords if they are closely targeted to your advertising goals
  2. Make sure your ad copies act as the briefs of your landing page goal
  3. Make sure your landing page is properly optimized
  4. Make sure your sitelinks are acting as landing pages as well and they are optimized for conversion
  5. Work with your ad copies, and remove any irrelevancy to your goal
  6. And keep an eye on Search Qeury Report

My two cents!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jaya,

In addition to informative response from Ratan above, I would like to add that it's good that you have QS of 6, which is fine with room of improvement as well.

Number of clicks in a day also depend upon various campaign settings that you have implemented in your website. You can share the some more insights with the Community for specific recommendations.

What type of campaigns are you running currently? Search, display etc?

Have you implemented any ad extensions in the account?

Does phone calls matter to you and whether you are currently driving phone calls in your account?

How's the conversions from other traffic sources like organic, referral, social etc?

Yes, the website or the Landing Page is the real key here. Whatever you are committing in your ads should be followed by your landing page to support. Unrealistic expectations will lead to bad customer experience and low conversion rate for you.

Also offline factors like competitive pricing, any special offers in comparison to your competitors also plays vital role in deciding the overall conversions for your business website.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You Ratan For a valuable reply. I never work on Search Query Report. Can you guide me? How frequency i should modify my keyword or create new ads, or i just left to be trigger out. I found when i bid for a keyword Rs.35 per click, next time i dont find any less amount. Google keep on asking for increase of bids, what to do in this concern. If i dont increase the bidding of Keyword, its not showing in the 1st page.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Jaya,

You said you never work on search query report, that's a mistake. You must make it a point to check the search terms which are triggering your ads. Yes, every penny matters, make the most of it by excluding the search terms that are less-targeted, irrelevant/less-relevant or unfruitful to your business goals. 

Here's how you can use it, click this link to follow the guide.

Now when you ask how often you should work with your keywords, there can't be a definite answer. My advice would be  - keep analysing the performance after a week or two and do the needful adjustments. 

To your final question - there can be various reasons for increase in CPC. Some of them can be -

• Increase in competition and/or your competitors getting aggressive with their bidding
  • Decrease in your quality scores
  • Increase in your overfall ad ranks
  • Seasonal trends etc. 

So, the best approach is to stay focused on conversion goals and keep improving different aspects of your campaigns. 

Hope it helps.

All the best !

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ratan

I hope you are well doing

I have a problem with my ad performance from past 30 days. In January, conversion are very good but after that the performance goes down. I don't know what is the reason. I have optimized my keywords and also target the converted location to do best but not get any positive response. In this month of March, there are number of conversion going to very down and can't find the reason even average position of ad is also good. I have added the site-link and review extension as well.

Please suggest.

Waiting for your quick reply.

Thanks 

Divya

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Divya,

I am doing great, how about you? Smiley Happy

I recently wrote an article on the similar topic, give it a read here. If it does not help, come back here, we will come up with some other suggestions for you. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ratan,

Thanks for your quick response.

As you have given me a link to read an article, I have try all possible work. but not get any satisfied result. My budget doesn't get spent completely from past 14 days and getting click 2 or 3 for 493 impressions. The keyword's bid are also very good and have put more than est. top page bid.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Divya

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Divya, Good Morning!

From what you have explained it is clear that your ads not having satisfactory CTR. You should work with your ad copies to make it more targeted. However, if you believe you have already worked enough with them and as you have already included review and sitelink extensions, you should now be doing the following-

• include callout extensions
  • keep more than one ad copy, two or three will be fine to check what is working more and what's not
  • include call-to-action with your ads
  • target first 3 positions as your ads would be more likely to show up with extensions and it will also work to increase your ads click-through-rate. Eventually it will add up to quality score and you will paying lesser as well
  • look into lost search impression share for ranks, you are more likely to see increased percentage there, so work with your bids as well
  • review your negative keywords and see if you are unintentionally blocking any relevant searches
  • look into search query report and include them as keywords which are relevant
  • run keyword diagnostic report and see what's cooking there

Wait for a week at least after doing your optimizations so that the system will have enough time to respond properly. Making frequent major changes everyday do not help much.

Hope it helps.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ratan

Can you please look out personally my account. Can i give you customer id.

Thanks
Divya