6.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added a search word that supposedly is below the first page bid and has been displayed zero times. What I don't understand is that if I use Google Search myself there are no ads for that keywords what-so-ever, so:

1. how come AdWords says I have to increase my first page offer to 50 cents where there are no competing ads?

2. how come my ad is not showing when there are no competing ads?

My bid is below 50 cents, but since there are no competitors then why should I pay more?

-I

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Ad not showing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Inge, how are things?

Google Adwords works under the word Relevancy. Google wants advertisers to be relevant for the users, so it uses somethings like Quality Score to determine if you're being relevant or not.

Not having advertisers for specific keywords does not mean they're cheap or that you'll appear. If you're not being relevant enough for that keyword, you'll not appear.

One important thing is that first page bids are the minimum that you should pay to appear, so bidding anything below that will probably automatically not show your ads.

Other point is that it may have other advertisers using that keyword, but on different hours of the day when you try to search for it.

Regarding your questions:

1. how come AdWords says I have to increase my first page offer to 50 cents where there are no competing ads?
All keywords and segments have a minimum bid based on several parameters, and not all are opened for us, advertisers. Not having competitors does not mean you can pay just what you want.

If your bid does not meet the minimum and you're not being relevant enough, your ad will not show.

I strongly recommend that you you read this article and watch the video inside it. It will give a very high understanding on how things like Quality Score, Bidding, Relevancy and all those things we've talked about can help you with:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722122

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
November 2015

Re: Ad not showing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Inge, how are things?

Google Adwords works under the word Relevancy. Google wants advertisers to be relevant for the users, so it uses somethings like Quality Score to determine if you're being relevant or not.

Not having advertisers for specific keywords does not mean they're cheap or that you'll appear. If you're not being relevant enough for that keyword, you'll not appear.

One important thing is that first page bids are the minimum that you should pay to appear, so bidding anything below that will probably automatically not show your ads.

Other point is that it may have other advertisers using that keyword, but on different hours of the day when you try to search for it.

Regarding your questions:

All keywords and segments have a minimum bid based on several parameters, and not all are opened for us, advertisers. Not having competitors does not mean you can pay just what you want.

If your bid does not meet the minimum and you're not being relevant enough, your ad will not show.

I strongly recommend that you you read this article and watch the video inside it. It will give a very high understanding on how things like Quality Score, Bidding, Relevancy and all those things we've talked about can help you with:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722122

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click