Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ad not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set my Adwords account
I used a coupon sent by google. I follow all the steps to create an ad. It seem to me that it was done and ready to appear on Google.
A few days later  I received the following note from google:

We noticed that you recently signed up for AdWords, but your ad hasn't appeared on Google yet.
We wanted to let you know that AdWords experts are here to help create your first ad for you. As a new advertiser you will get $100* free advertising if you redeem your coupon within four weeks.
Call us at 1-877-721-1739 for free expert help creating your ad and to get your $100 free advertising. Our AdWords experts will also answer any questions you might have. 

I called 1-877-721-1739

They  ask me to dial my ID number (10 digits) I input it.
The automated system did not recognize it.

What can I do to make sure that my ad is working?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Ad not showing

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi luz0691,

With regards to your attempt at phoning us - if you call 1-877-721-1739 you can select option 2 (new to Google Advertising) and someone in our team will be able to help.

Thanks

Nick

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

You have propably didn't set up a proper payment method. Also check if the ad was aproved at all . Sometimes we get missed out the very basics.

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Re: Before Stepping into AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello luz0691 and welcome to AdWords;

There is much to learn before you start your first campaign. (Yes, AdWords is a great advertising platform, but you need to get yourself familiar with it, before starting to advertise)

Jon and Theresa,long time members and Top Contributors of this community, wrote great articles aimed to those makingtheir first steps in AdWords. I would start by reading them:

And I would then read:

Good luck;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi luz0691,

Please note that once you redeem your coupon, you also have to set the credit card details or another valid payment method inside your Adwords account, so that it gets activated and your ads start delivering on Google.

I hope you can check this by going into Billing Tab and see if you have the valid info present there or not.

Secondly, hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword status and see what message is shown to you.

In case everything is set well, please follow Moshe's excellent links from our Expert Wiki Authors to start learning about Adwords because trust me it's not as easy as it looks to begin with Smiley Happy

Once you are through with your basics, you can start working on your account accordingly and keep coming here for further discussions, we would love to hear and assist you.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi luz0691,

With regards to your attempt at phoning us - if you call 1-877-721-1739 you can select option 2 (new to Google Advertising) and someone in our team will be able to help.

Thanks

Nick